Thursday, July 24, 2008

A tribute to me friends, my love and my family

The last year of my hostel life has just begun. And I am away from home for five years and one year also in the way. Then again a separation, separation from my dear fellows, separation from this cool college life and separation from the sanctum sanctorum i.e, IIT KHARAGPUR, my dream that came true. A lot of things have been showered over me in these last few years. I got a great group of pals in my college (+2 level) i.e, Ramakrishna Mission Residential College, Narendrapur and also here in IIT Kharagpur; I got lots of sweet memories to masticate in future; got lots of shocks and strains that made my experienced in the sense of my life and also got a great BRANDNAME that will make me or atleast help me to be successful in every step of my life.

To remind about my friends I cannot but mention first about Dhiman. I met him in RKMRC, Narendrapur and was together for only two years but I can proudly say that he is my best friend and will be ever after. Dipankar, Sriparno, Debnath, Rameez, Sonal, Debmalya, Hui, Bhola, Aritra, Santanu, Abhishek, Arijit, Dhrubo and many more unmentioned friends have enriched my life with their heartful love and support that helped me to be here in IIT today. These two years in Narendrapur were perhaps the one of the best period of my student life and I can hardly explain how fun was it to be there, in GB Hall. The roof, the sleepless nights in the common room, the endless card-playing in study halls, the shameless class bunking and nevertheless the great song written by us: “Probhato Kale”…it is too hard to forget any bit of these moments. Thank u guys, and miss u a lot.

The next year, the first year in IIT Kharagpur, was something for which I longed for so many days. It was full of pressure of studies and expectations from my family members and many many other things which I cared for a damn. I passed the whole year doing just nothing good for my career wasting time in some worthless dramatics and cultural activities, worthless for this competitive world, but for me they were life. The late night rehearsals of dramatics in BTDS ( Bengali Technology Dramatic Society ) and inter hall competitions and the sleepless nights under the open sky around the fire at a village far away from Kharagpur, I love to go back to those days every night in my dreams. Really, I don’t know how this unwanted distance came between me and others, but still I miss you all….Suman, Sourav, Iman, Rahul, Subhasis, Gourab, Sougata, Boba-Hati, Baba, Animesh, Pyne, Ratnaadeep ,Sayari and all of you. Hope to be together again.

The second year was the most happening period of these four years in IIT Kharagpur like almost all other guys in this institution. I was shifted to Nehru Hall from our first year hostel and it was the first time I felt a bit uneasy due to that gruesome tales of “RAGGING”. But luckily or unluckily I managed to avoid them all and became a bit involved with myself. Still dramatics never stopped neither the night-outs nor the class-bunking. I have to face my professors a number of time for giving explanations for my regular absence in the class and thanks to my dramatic nature, every time I found a nice story to tell. Let the stories be secrets. But all these resulted in poor marks and bad grades. Meanwhile I found a brand new pal in this year, Gourab Bhattacharya, a six feet tall thin guy with a curtain of smokes around him and with a heart full of love, affection, dedication and many others “-tion” that characterizes this guy and make him different than any other in the world. He is still my room-mate and hope we will be together ever after. In the summer break after first year I was broke up with my ex-girl friend and was a bit depressed and found this girl from nowhere to come forward to support me. She was also in some mental depression and we both came close solving each other problems. So close that we did not know when we started to love each other. And it was 17th September, 2006, we officially became committed. It was a heavenly time for me to chat with her till late night, to wake up early in the morning to meet her in Kolkata as soon as possible, to roam together, to sing together and to love each other and this heavenly time period is continuing till now even after one year and ten months of our relationship and even today we are the same very romantic and crazy about each other as much as we was two years back. Arpita Ghatak, my love, my life and the best gift I have ever got in my life. Thank you God for giving me such a precious present that I might not deserve at all.

One more year passed away. The memorable summer break passed away when my love came to KGP to do her internship and we stayed together for a month ( obviously in our respective halls ) and loved each other so much and enjoyed a demo of our married life. It was full of fights and romance, adventure and care and thousands of sweet memories that will keep me green all my life. It was really painful to both of us when this happening summer break came to an end and we missed each other so much. And again one year passed with gifting me lots of memories and hard times and sweet moments leaving me here today with a new group of fellows…Abhishek da( small and big :P ), Rahul da, Chandan, Vamshi, Sonal da, Surupa di and many more.

But still, after this long five years of hostel life, I miss my family badly. I miss my parents, their affection, my elder sister, her gifts, foods cooked by my mom and lots of silly but valuable things that I hardly got in these five years. Obviously in these years I have enriched my career in an extra-ordinary way and almost became a man who can live in this world of struggle, taking all the responsibilities in his own shoulder, obviously I have grown up physically and mentally and academically, but you will never know, even today, there lies a small child in my heart who misses his family being so far from it for so many days and I think this little child of the heart never dies. The underlying attraction of blood never dies; the search of the roots never dies. And even today I belong to them and always pray for their blessings and affections and will long for it forever. Love u MA, BABAI, DIDIBHAI, MAMON and all my friends and thank u all to help me to be what I am today. Miss u guys a lot.


Swagato Chatterjee.
23rd July, 2008

4 comments:

here i'm said...

I am very bad in writing english. It was my first try to write something in english. So any type of mistake regarding grammar and kanguage should be forgiven.

Thank u all.

Swagato.

Anonymous said...

kanguage? :P

......

SUNDAR HOYECHE....

here i'm said...

*language

"bhabnao ko samjho yaar"

ektukro_roddur said...

khub bhalo likhechis.. eituku jaigai class 10- 4th yr lekhe felli.. r amar prosongsa to ami borabor bhalobasi.. khub bhalo legeche. tor bhetorer sishutake ami ajibon bachiye rakhbo ami katha dichi.. r satti ekta pagol tui colg thakle bari jete chas barite thakle colg. n u r my angle... i luv u 2... bakita gtalk [:D]