Monday, July 05, 2010

Looking back for a while

In 2005, when I joined my engg college, I had no idea about internet. Yahoo gave me the opportunity to peep into this vast world by providing me a little space to store my e-mails which were very rare to me at that time. Slowly I came to know about yahoo messenger, rediff, hi5 etc in a few months. I can very well remember, my very first friend in internet world was Hina Dixit, a senior from some other engg college, who is in contact with me till now.

Google and Orkut came much later, only in my second year. Even then I did not have my own comp, and had to borrow timeslots from others to use their computer. But still, internet was a huge attraction for me. Blogging, chatting and orkuting were a daily habit for me. Fortunately that changed my life also. And today wherever I am, it is only because of a very rare magical moment that came into my life some 3 years and 9 months back. And gtalk and orkut had become a part of my life till then.

Time passed, as I left my college, joined a job, quit the job, got admission in a graduate school, but gtalk and orkut are still indispensible to me. But, now a day, a few other websites is attracting me a lot. Facebook with its huge store of games and applications has made me fully concentrated towards it. Initially I was a bit biased towards Orkut as I have lots of memories with it. But really Orkut is no competition for FB. And truly speaking, I am addicted with Mafiawars. During my late night studies, like today, when I fell fatigue and try to refresh my mind, I click on the most visited website shown in Chrome, and it is FB. And a few minutes browsing give me enough entertainment to get the energy to go back to my work.

Thus, as the time passed and as I grew up for last 5 years since 2005, my tastes and habits of internet usage changed. Time has shown me the path of making myself contemporary. But still I miss YM badly. I miss the red background of YM, and the erotic sound of the “Buzz”. I miss the yellow one and the sound of the breeze. I miss those old and great emotions, laughing and jumping and crying and kissing all the time. Really, whatever change comes in the modern social networking habits, I still love and will love those sweet old days of YM of about three years back.

3 comments:

ektukro_roddur said...

ABAR ANEKDIN POR ABAR EKTA LEKHA PORLM..N TRUELY SPEAKING AMI GTALK ORKUT THEKE AKHNO BEROTE PARINI... I ADMIT FB APPLICATION WISE BETTER THaN orkut.. BUT ORKUT GTALK AMAR HEART A EKTA PERMANENT SPACE KORE NIYECHE.. TAI ADER CHERE R AGONO JACHENA... attokichu diyeche ora.. tai ora ajo amar sathe ache.. hmm ym r kora haina.. n i miss badly those buzz n that red background.n a big thnx to orkut..

Unknown said...

When Swagoto asked me to comment on his latest blogging, I donno wht to reply. Shd I comment on to him, or I will continue with the topic. Gradually, I went through it, yeah, he has written something abt virtual (might not) media. I was not interested about this topic except wht he had expressed. Truely, he is nostalgic. I wanted to find rythm in his literature. I am not a fellow here to show judgement but to inspire him by advising him "Carry on, a lots of creativites are yet to express".

Ru. said...

Yahoo messenger rocked :))
As the new replaces the old, lets welcome the new with open arms yet carefully store the memories of the old in a backpack!